To: GAFP Colleagues (Active and Life Members)
From: Jeff Stone, MD, MBA, MHA, FAAFP – President
If you want to get more involved in your state and national academies, being a delegate to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Annual Chapter Leadership Forum (ACLF) and the National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL) is the perfect opportunity.
Join your Georgia colleagues and network with over 300 family physician leaders from around the country at this vibrant meeting. Whether you’re seeking professional development, leadership development, or a voice in policy development, the AAFP Leadership Conference is the place to network, learn, and train with hundreds of current and aspiring leaders in family medicine.
- Redefineyour best self and empower other family physicians to do the same.
- Reimagine your family medicine future and unlock your leadership potential.
- Rethink your ways and what it takes to be a successful family physician leader.
In three days—and with two dynamic tracks available—don’t miss your chance to join aspiring leaders as you work together to advance the specialty of family medicine together.
Annual Chapter Leader Forum (ACLF)
The Annual Chapter Leader Forum (ACLF) is the AAFP’s leadership development program for chapter-elected leaders, aspiring leaders, and chapter staff. -Discover solutions to chapter challenges.
- Learn from your colleagues.
- Strengthen relationships with peers and AAFP leaders.
- Refine leadership skills.
- Develop new leaders.
National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL)
The National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL) is the AAFP’s premier policy and leadership development event for underrepresented constituencies.
- Create powerful platforms for change and influence AAFP policies.
- Inspire yourself, your colleagues, and other AAFP members. -Lead the way for progress and improvement.
- Voice your unique perspective and opinion with others who share common interests.
- Build leadership skills to use in your practice and community.
At NCCL, you will elect national officers, gain and enhance skills to become an articulate policy advocate and an effective leader, and meet others who share similar interests. Chapter delegates participate in all NCCL-specific business functions and have the opportunity to attend a variety of educational breakout sessions each day as well.
If you are chosen to be a GAFP representative to ACLF or NCCL, the Georgia Academy will reimburse your travel expenses up to $700 – $900*. (with the submission of an expense report and receipts).
*This travel stipend typically does not cover the cost of the entire meeting which is between $1,000 – $1,300. If you are interested serving as a delegate to ACLF or NCCL please email firstname.lastname@example.org and make a brief statement of your interest no later than Tuesday, February 4. All nominees will be notified in mid-February in time to register for the “early bird” AAFP registration discount.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please contact Fay Fulton (email@example.com) or call 800.392.3841.