The Georgia Academy of Family Physicians in partnership with the Georgia Department of Public Health is bringing you webinars with key information that is vital to Georgia’s family physicians and your patient population. These educational webinars offer a streamlined, comprehensive approach to services that are needed and accessible to clinicians. Please register and plan on participating to hear the latest updates.
Tuesday, June 9th – Sexually Transmitted Infections in Southern Adolescents – 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Review the epidemiology of common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in southern adolescent populations
- List key strategies to optimize sexual history taking and review the recommended STI screenings in adolescents
- Describe the presentation of common STIs relevant to adolescent populations
- Describe public health measures for the prevention of STIs among adolescents
Please click the link to register for the Tuesday, June 9th webinar.
Thursday, June 11th – Patient Privacy Considerations in Family Medicine at 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Educate family physicians and staff regarding general health information and the law pertaining to minors and those transitioning to adults.
- Age of majority/emancipation.
- What are the medical rights of minors (under age 18)?
- What information can or must be shared with parents?
Learn what exceptions apply to the general rules above?
- Rules for mental/behavioral/substance health
- Rules for pregnancy, reproduction, abortion, etc.
- Are there differences for emancipated youth, youth in foster care, youth with developmental delays?
Discuss Best practices for your medical practice.
- Obtaining consent.
- How legal rights and privacy change at age 18 and why it’s important to discuss with that topic with parents and patients.
- Recommendations for policies regarding how the office addresses consent and privacy.
- What resources are available to you for additional information?
Please click the link to register for the Thursday, June 11th webinar.
Can’t Listen Live? Register anyway – and we’ll send you the link once it’s posted on our website