The GAFP would like to help you become the leader you were meant to be. Apply to be a student or resident leader at the national level with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Application materials are due by August 15th, 2016.
The Georgia and American Academy of Family Physicians highly values the contributions made by family medicine residents and medical students and recognizes the importance of training future leaders of medicine. It is one of the few specialty organizations to actively enlist resident and student members in leadership roles.
Among other things, you have the opportunity to:
- Network with family physicians from across the country.
- Attend national meetings funded by the AAFP, such as the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students.
- Participate in the discussion of issues key to health care delivery and to family medicine.
- Learn more about topics of special interest.
- Cultivate organizational and communication skills.
- Spend time with other resident and student leaders who share common interests and concerns.
To find out more about open positions, click here.
Questions? Call us here at the GAFP 1.800.392.3841