Join us in San Diego, CA | Neurology and Behavioral Health live course
Family physicians are often among the first to recognize common neurological and behavioral health issues patients are facing. It’s important to be informed about these issues and prepared to provide initial screenings, manage conditions, and refer to specialists as necessary.
Attend the AAFP’s Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician live course in La Jolla (San Diego), CA, October 16–19.
You’ll get the latest on important neurological and behavioral disorders that span the lifetime and often coexist with other conditions. At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop evidence-based, primary care strategies for common neurological conditions in the care of their patients.
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat, and manage common neurodevelopmental and behavioral health conditions.
- Educate and counsel patients on behavior modification strategies to reduce risks of complications and improve outcomes related to their neurological and/or behavioral health.
- Provide effective care coordination when specialist referral is required.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to disease management, including cultural competency, literacy skills, and access to services or care.
Earn up to 28.25* credits—20.75 for attending the course and up to 7.5 for participating in optional workshops. (additional fees apply).
AAFP members: $995/Nonmembers: $1,295
Optional Workshop Sessions
- Injections for Peripheral Nerve Entrapment (Earn 3 AAFP Prescribed credits)
- Dizziness and Vertigo Maneuvers (Earn 3 AAFP Prescribed credits)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Waiver Training (Earn 7.5 AAFP Elective credits)
Save $100 when you register by September 17. Register now or call (800) 274-2237.