Through a partnership with the Georgia Department of Public Health, GAFP offered two webinars in May on Developmental Screening and Severe Combined Immunodeficiency. Both webinars were recorded and are now available to view on the GAFP website at www.gafp.org/education/webinars/. You can see objectives and speaker information for each webinar below!
DPH Webinar: Developmental Screening
This program is presented by Jennifer Zubler, MD. Dr. Zubler is board certified in pediatrics and worked for 10 years in a private pediatric practice in Atlanta, Georgia. She has a special interest in developmental delays and works as a pediatric consultant to the “Learn the Signs. Act Early” team. In addition, she helps run a developmental and behavioral pediatric clinic in Atlanta.
- Review rates of developmental disabilities
- Early identification and intervention leads to improved outcomes
- Developmental and Autism Screening recommendations
- Georgia EPSDT recommendations for screening
- Challenges to screening in practice
- Referral resources for further evaluation
- Developmental monitoring and screening resources
DPH Webinar: Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Screening
This program is presented by Dr. Lisa Kobrynski, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Marcus Professor of Immunology, Section, Allergy/Immunology. Dr. Kobrynski has worked with the CDC since 2000 on public health issues in immune deficiencies including newborn screening for SCID. She is internationally known for her expertise in NBS for SCID and speaks nationally on this topic.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the rational for performing newborn screening for SCID/T cell lymphopenia
- Understand the next steps for testing after an abnormal screening test is reported
- Identify other non-SCID disorders that may be detected by this screening test