Registration Agenda for 2018 Student Meeting Coming Soon
Contact Information for Georgia Family Medicine Residency Programs
Contact Information for Student Family Medicine Interest Groups
The Georgia Academy of Family Physicians (GAFP) provides opportunities for the future leaders of family medicine to enhance their education and gain “real world” experience. Mentoring programs, scholarships, instructional opportunities and leadership positions are available through a student membership.
Membership includes these medical student offerings:
- Run for a GAFP Student Board of Directors position – A self-nomination form is emailed to GAFP Student Members in November/December of every year. Please note you must be a current GAFP member to run.
- Attend the Student Track at the GAFP Annual Scientific Assembly in October
- Apply for the 2017 Student Award Nomination Forms CLOSED
- Run for a leadership position with your school’s Family Medicine Interest Group
- Attend the American Academy of Family Physicians National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- Stay connected to Georgia’s family medicine community through social media
Congratulations 2017 T.A. Sappington Award Winners
This year the GAFP awards the following student members who have demonstrated their commitment to family medicine by choosing to attend a Georgia Family Medicine Residency Program:
- Bailee Blackburn from the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University who plans to attend the Medical Center of Columbus Family Medicine Residency Program in Columbus.
- Rodneysha Brown from Morehouse School of Medicine who will attend the Morehouse Family Medicine Residency Program in East Point.
- Kristen Kettelhut from the Mercer University School of Medicine, Columbus campus, who is planning to attend the Columbus Regional Medical Center’s Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Kristin McDermott from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Suwanee is planning to attend the Gwinnett Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program in Lawrenceville.
- Leilla Myrick from the Emory School of Medicine who plans to attend the Emory University Family Medicine Residency Program in Atlanta.
See Photos from the 2017 GAFP Student Workshop
Every March as a part of the GAFP March Committee Conclave, GAFP hosts a Student Workshop for medical students around the state. On March 4, 2017 during the March Committee Conclave, students from around Georgia gathered for a Family Medicine Day with an Residency Recruitment Fair. See pictures from the event below and plan to join us for our 2018 Student Workshop.