The Georgia Academy of Family Physicians (GAFP) provides opportunities for the future leaders of family medicine to enhance their education and gain “real world” experience. Mentoring programs, scholarships, instructional opportunities and leadership positions are available through a student membership.
Membership includes these medical student offerings:
- Run for 2020-2021 GAFP Student Board of Directors position – A self-nomination form is emailed to GAFP Student Members in November/December of every year. Please note you must be a current GAFP member to run. Medical Students… Nominate to Serve on the GAFP Board of Directors
- Attend the 2020 Medical Student Meeting February 29, 2020 – Registration Open
- Apply for the 2020 Student Award Nomination Forms – Coming Soon
- Run for a leadership position with your school’s Family Medicine Interest Group
- Attend the American Academy of Family Physicians National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- Stay connected to Georgia’s family medicine community through social media
- Georgia’s Medical School Loan Repayment Program
- Resources to Managing Medical School Debt
2019 GAFP Medical Student Family Medicine Day
Thirty-five medical students from Georgia attended the Annual Family Medicine Day in Athens on Saturday, March 2nd. The much-anticipated event brought together medical students, residents, and residency programs from across Georgia.
See Photos from the 2019 GAFP Student Workshop
More than 35 AAFP/GAFP medical students from around Georgia and South Carolina gathered in Atlanta, GA for the Academy’s medical student meeting. In conjunction with the 2018 GAFP March Conclave, students met for a “Day in the Life of a Family Doc”.