Resident members of the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians (GAFP) are vital to the mission of promoting the specialty of family medicine by participating in leadership and committee roles.
Opportunities and Benefits
- Georgia’s Medical School Loan Repayment Program
- Leadership Opportunities – Committees, Board of Directors, Georgia Healthy Family Alliance Foundation
- Legal Start Up Kit for Residents Starting Their Own Practice – Contact the GAFP Office – email@example.com
- Employment Contract Review for Residents
The Georgia Academy of Family Physicians Board of Directors has established a program which allows all GAFP resident members to have their employment contracts reviewed by attorneys from Southern Health Lawyers, LLC, under the direction of Rich Sanders, the firm’s founder and partner. The benefit is specifically designed for GAFP residents who intend to remain in Georgia upon graduation from their residency programs: GAFP will pay for the legal review of the contract! If the resident has made the (unfortunate) decision to leave Georgia, GAFP has negotiated a reduced rate that the resident can pay directly to Southern Health Lawyers.
To be eligible:
- You must be a current member of the AAFP/GAFP.
- You must be enrolled as a PGY3 in training at a Georgia family medicine residency program.
- You must contact Rich Sanders with Southern Health Lawyers directly at (404) 806-5575 / firstname.lastname@example.org.