Strategic Plan – 2017-2020
- Advocate for Family Medicine with state policy leaders (including elected officials), businesses and Georgia’s citizens.
- Increase Family Medicine visibility with Georgia Payors.
- Increase key contact communications with federal and state leaders.
- Facilitate leadership education and training for new and emerging Georgia Academy leaders
- Formulate ways to identify future Georgia Academy leaders
- Maintain professional and personal career satisfaction and combat burnout.
- Increase Effective Communication to Our Members.
- Increase activities for new-to-practice physicians.
Medical Students and Residents
- Increase the number of family physicians in Georgia by engaging current Georgia medical and pre-medical students, residents and practicing physicians through various GAFP activities.
- Hold Medical Student and Residency Recruitment Fair annually.
- Increase interaction with Family Medicine Interest Groups (FMIG’s) – both officers and their GAFP member advisors.
- Increase mentoring medical students.
- Provide high value CME to as many members as possible.
- Assist members in value-based payment success (e.g. MACRA, population management, direct primary care, etc.).
- Develop more diverse educational offerings.
Activities related to furthering the goals are reviewed quarterly by the Georgia Academy’s Board of Directors and overseen by GAFP’s Vice President.