Health is Primary is traveling around the country to showcase innovation and transformation in primary care delivery. In 2016 the campaign will make stops in California (city TBD), Atlanta, Kansas City (covering Kansas and Missouri), Louisville and Newark. Campaign stops slated for 2017 include Phoenix, Providence (covering Connecticut and Rhode Island), Minneapolis and Jackson. This year the campaign has traveled to Seattle, Raleigh and Chicago and will visit Denver on October 2 during the Family Medicine Experience Meeting (FMX) and Detroit on October 21. View a complete map of the city tour here.
The goal of the Health is Primary Campaign is to transform the family medicine specialty to ensure that we can meet the nation’s health care needs and, ultimately, improve the health of every American. This means:
- Furthering the evolution of the patient-centered medical home;
- Advancing the use of technology;
- Ensuring a strong primary care workforce; and,
- Shifting the payment system to improve the quality of care and the health of patients.
– See more at: http://healthisprimary.org/the-campaign