Looking for a way to be more involved with your Academy? Want to give back but aren’t sure where to start? The Georgia Healthy Family Alliance (GHFA) is seeking an interested GAFP member to serve on the Alliance Board of Trustees beginning in 2020.
Formerly the Foundation of the GAFP, the Alliance was founded in 1987 and is the philanthropic arm of the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians. The mission of the Alliance is to enhance the well-being of Georgia citizens through educational and community programs that promote healthy practices consistent with the principles of family medicine.
Now, more than ever the Alliance needs family physicians who are excited about our future focusing on our Capital Campaign that is raising up to $4 million dollars. The campaign will allow the Alliance to expand its educational and community outreach efforts including the Community Health Grant Program and the Tar Wars tobacco and vaping education program. The campaign will also provide the Alliance with a full-time team dedicated to improving the health and welfare of our local communities in Georgia. There is an expectation that new Trustees will make a contribution to GHFA’s Capital Campaign in an amount that is meaningful to them.
New board members will serve four-year terms (2020-2024) and will help guide and oversee GHFA projects including:
- The Community Health Grant Program – This award winning (2015 AAFP Foundation “Program of the Year”) program awards grants to GAFP member affiliated projects addressing health care needs throughout Georgia. Since beginning this program in 2012, the Alliance has awarded over $305,000 to community projects in all corners of the state.
- Tar Wars – a tobacco and vaping education program presented to more than 3,000 fourth and fifth graders in Georgia during last school year alone. This year the Alliance will also launch “Tar Wars Strike Force” projects in at least two communities to address the epidemic of youth vaping in Georgia.
Board members are expected to attend each of the three GHFA board meetings (in person) in 2020.
Tentative 2020 GHFA meeting dates (locations in Georgia TBD):
- Saturday – February 29, 2020 – The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North – Atlanta, GA
- Saturday – August 1, 2020 – Callaway Resort & Gardens – Pine Mountain, GA
- Friday- November 13, 2020 – The Hotel at Avalon – Alpharetta, GA
Thank you in advance for considering this leadership role. Interested members should fill out the form below by September 10th and e-mail it to email@example.com. To learn more visit us on the web at http://www.georgiahealthyfamilyalliance.org
Position Applying for: Georgia Healthy Family Alliance Board Seat
Current Volunteer Activities:
If selected, can you commit to attending all board meetings and responding to GHFA staff on a timely basis?
Why are you interested in participating on the Alliance Board?