Looking for a way to be more involved with your Academy? Want to give back but aren’t sure where to start? The Georgia Healthy Family Alliance (GHFA) is seeking an interested GAFP member to serve on the Alliance Board of Trustees beginning in 2019.
Formerly the Foundation of the GAFP, the Alliance was founded in 1987 and is the philanthropic arm of the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians. The mission of the Alliance is to enhance the well-being of Georgia citizens through educational and outreach programs that promote healthy practices consistent with the principles of family medicine.
Now, more than ever the Alliance needs family physicians who are excited about our future, focusing on our Capital Campaign that will raise up to $4 million dollars. This funding will allow the Alliance to have a full-time team dedicated to improving the health and welfare of our local communities in Georgia.
New Board members will serve four-year terms and will help guide and oversee GHFA projects including:
- The Community Health Grant Program- This award winning (2015 AAFP Foundation “Program of the Year”) program awards grants to GAFP member affiliated projects addressing health care needs throughout Georgia. Since beginning this program in 2012, the Alliance has awarded over $222,000 to community projects in all corners of the state.
- Tar Wars – a tobacco education program presented to more than 2,000 fourth and fifth graders in Georgia during the 2017 school year alone.
Board members are expected to attend each of the GHFA meetings (in person) in 2019.
Tentative 2019 meeting dates are:
- Saturday – March 2, 2019- Athens
- Saturday – August 3, 2019 – Lake Lanier Island Legacy Lodge
- Friday- November 15, 2019 – Atlanta
Thank you in advance for considering this leadership role. Interested members complete the form below by September 15th and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more visit us on the web at http://www.georgiahealthyfamilyalliance.org
Position Applying for: Georgia Healthy Family Alliance Board of Trustees Seat
Current Volunteer Activities:
If selected, can you commit to attending all board meetings and responding to GHFA staff on a timely basis?
Why are you interested in participating on the Alliance Board?