The Georgia Healthy Family Alliance (GHFA) recently announced the “Your Giving is Great Medicine” 2017 Capital Campaign Leadership Cabinet led by Campaign Chair Dr. Loy “Chip” Cowart of Statesboro, Ga. The Campaign Leadership Cabinet is a group of GAFP leaders whose objective is to support the campaign’s mission of raising $4 million to fulfill GHFA’s mission to enhance the well-being of Georgians through educational and outreach programs that promote healthy practices consistent with the principles of family medicine. Funds raised during the five-year capital campaign will allow GHFA to increase and expand the nationally recognized Community Health Grant program which has awarded more than $160,000 in grants to 38 GAFP members and their teams to support community health projects in all corners of Georgia since 2012.
The 2017 “Your Giving is Great Medicine” Campaign Leadership Cabinet is:
- 2017 Chair: Loy “Chip” Cowart, MD- Statesboro, GA
- Dr. Mike Busman- Americus, GA
- Dr. Evelyn Lewis & Clark- Newnan, GA
- Dr. Patrick “P.J.” Lynn- Rome, GA
- Dr. Eddie Richardson- Eatonton, GA
- Dr. Mitzi Rubin- Atlanta, GA
- Dr. George Shannon- Dadeville, AL
- Dr. Collyn Steele- Mcdonough, GA
- Dr. Harry Strothers- Macon, GA
- Dr. Rick Wherry- Dahlonega, GA
The Georgia Healthy Family Alliance is the philanthropic arm of the GAFP and a networking member of the American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation. The Alliance is a charitable public foundation recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization and is thereby eligible to receive grants and tax deductible contributions. For more information, visit www.georgiahealthyfamilyalliance.org.