Family Physician and GAFP member, W. Scott Bohlke, MD, has been endorsed by the GAFP PAC Board for State Senate District 4. Dr. Bohlke fully supports family medicine, primary care and helping rural practices. He believes that the number one issue related to health in Georgia is access to healthcare.
The GAFP PAC has donated funds in support of Dr. Bohlke and we ask that you consider making a contribution to his campaign as well. You can learn more about Dr. Bohlke’s platform and donate to his campaign on his website – www.scottbohlke.com.
A few things about Dr. Scott Bohlke:
- Member of the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians (since 2013)
- Former Major, U.S. Air Force (1995-1999)
- Licensed physician, owner of Bohler Family Practice in Brooklet
- Graduate of the University of Georgia and the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta
- Former professional baseball player in the minor league system of the Atlanta Braves
- Former President of the Medical Association of Georgia
- Co-founded The Hearts and Hands Clinicto provide free healthcare to Bulloch County residents in need
- Recipient of 2011 Dean Day Smith Humanitarian Award
- Member of the Brooklet Kiwanis Club, the Rotary Club of Downtown Statesboro, the Bulloch County Chamber of Commerce and serve on the Board of Trustees at EGRMC
- Served as Chief of Staff at East Georgia Regional Medical Center (EGRMC) and four years on the Bulloch County Board of Education