The winners of the 2018 Family Medicine Leads Scholarships for National Conference have been determined. Here is a list of scholarship recipients from Georgia.
- Saira Bari (student)– Cairo
- Deema Elchoufi (student) – Atlanta
- Shilpa Jhol (student) – Marietta
- Michael McCullagh (resident) – Augusta
- Keisha Parker (student) – Atlanta
- Setu Patel (student)– Valdosta
- Vijay Venkatesan (student) – Alpharetta
- Maria Westerfield (student) – Macon
This program provides $600 scholarships to help cover out-of-pocket travel and registration expenses for students and residents to attend National Conference, August 2–4 in Kansas City, MO. These scholarships are made possible because of donations from family physicians across the country. Nearly 600 scholarship applications were received, and 220 Family Medicine Leads Scholarships were awarded.
Family Medicine Leads Scholarships for National Conference are comprised of the following categories: Early Career Student, Student or Resident Primary Care Champion, and Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Leaders.
Congratulations to all the Georgia recipients. See you in Kansas City!