Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China. View the current situation summary from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
COVID-19 is spreading from person to person in parts of the United States. Risk of infection with COVID-19 is higher for people who are close contacts of someone known to have COVID-19, for example healthcare workers, or household members. Other people at higher risk for infection are those who live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
The first case of COVID-19 in the United States was reported on January 21, 2020. The current count of cases of COVID-19 in the United States is available on the CDC’s webpage
According to the Georgia Department of Health (DPH), there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia. For details and more information, please visit the DPH COVID-19 webpage. If you have questions regarding COVID-19, please call the COVID-19 hotline at (844) 442-2681.
Healthcare providers who suspect COVID-19 infection in a patient should report them immediately to DPH by calling 1-866-PUB-HLTH (1-866-782-4584) and ask for a Medical Epidemiologist.
Reopening Georgia – Advice from a Health Care Attorney
- Emergency FMLA – Decision Tree
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave – Decision Tree
- Relief Fund Payment Terms and Conditions
- GAFP – Telehealth Informed Consent – Template
Telemedicine and COVID-19: What You Need Know Moving Forward
To view the recorded webinar please click here
- Georgia Department of Public Health Resources _Fulton
- Telemedicine and COVID-19: What You Need Know Moving Forward_Brewer
- Telemedicine Research and Opportunities for Family Practice Physicians_Heidesch
- Updates for Family Physicians_Woods
Managing Personal Finances in Turbulent Times
Georgia Department of Health Resources
- COVID-19 DPH Webpage
- Vendors for PPE updated 4/29/2020
- Updated Guidance for Optimizing the Supply of PPE updated 3/17/2020
- Guidance for Clinicians updated 4/10/2020
GA DPH Contact Tracing Webinar
- Information for Healthcare Professionals updated 4/7/2020
- COVID-19 Daily Updates for Members
- COVID-19: CME
- AAFP: Using Telehealth to Care for Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic created 3/18/2020
- AAFP: COVID-19 Member Community Preparation Checklist created 3/11/2020
- AAFP: COVID-19 Rapid Response Member Exchange updated daily
- Coronavirus Aid (CARES) Act – Key Provisions Affecting Family Physicians – AAFP Review