The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is conducting the 2018 Burdens Associated with Reporting Quality Measures Study, as outlined in the Quality Payment Program Year 2 final rule (CMS 5522- FC). Chapters may wish to share this information with members.
Clinicians and groups who are eligible for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) that participate successfully in the study will receive full credit for the 2018 MIPS Improvement Activities performance category. Applications for this study will be accepted through March 23, 2018 and will be notified in spring of 2018 if selected.
The study runs from April 2018 to March 2019. Study participants will have to meet the following requirements in order to complete the study and receive full Improvement Activity credit. For participants reporting as a group, their entire group will receive credit. For participants reporting as individuals, only the participating clinician will receive credit.
- Complete a 2017 MIPS participation survey in April/May 2018.
- Complete a 2018 MIPS planning survey in September/October 2018.
- The Study team will invite selected participants to join a virtual 90-minute focus group between November 2018 and February 2019.
- Meet minimum requirements for the MIPS Quality performance category by submitting data for at least three measures in the MIPS Quality performance category, as required for 2018 MIPS participation. The data submitted must:
- Include one outcome measure;
- Be submitted to CMS by the final MIPS reporting deadline (March 31, 2019);
- Be submitted through any method accepted under MIPS for year 2 of the Quality Payment Program (2018).