The AAFP Board of Directors made the decision that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will transition this year’s National Conference to an all-virtual event. We feel this is the best decision to protect the health and safety of attendees.
Just like the in-person event, the virtual National Conference is the must-attend event of the year for students and residents. Your booth in the virtual Expo Hall will be a valuable opportunity for you to share information and connect with students and residents. In addition to many of the benefits you would have received in the live environment, you will get some new benefits for your investment, including:
- “Virtual floors” within the Expo Hall that allow attendees to easily find you based on geography, categories, areas of interest, etc.
- Ability to upload a promotional video, logo, and other branding and to schedule public demos in your virtual booth
- Opportunity to pre-schedule one-on-one video chats, private interviews/demos and more
- More dedicated exhibit time when sessions and networking events aren’t taking place, compared to the in-person event
- New sponsorship opportunities for you to increase your exposure with future health care leaders (details coming soon)
The AAFP is working through all of the logistics for the event, but here is what we know right now:
- National Conference will still take place July 30 – August 1. However, the times have been adjusted to accommodate attendees’ varying time zones.
- Transitioning National Conference to a virtual event will reduce the AAFP’s event costs, so we want to pass savings along to you. The exhibitor fee is being reduced from $1,350 to $1,000. If you already paid your fee, you would get a refund for the difference; please allow up to 45 days for a refund of the exhibitor fee differential.
- Cancellations: Based on the shift to a virtual environment, you can proceed with canceling all airline, hotel and vendor booth orders you may have made in conjunction to your “live event” exhibit participation. If you made a hotel reservation through Visit KC on Passkey, no further action is required. Visit KC will cancel all hotel reservations booked in the AAFP National Conference room block. Each reservation will receive a cancellation acknowledgement email. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Keep an eye on our National Conference website and watch your email for more details in the coming weeks.
Kristy Sloan, CEM
Exhibit Manager | Strategic Engagements