Committee Recruitment 2020
The GAFP is now soliciting new members to our 2020 Committees! We are looking for GAFP members to join various committees in support of the GAFP’s mission to promote the health of the citizens of Georgia by advancing the specialty of Family Medicine through education, advocacy and service to family physicians in the State of Georgia.
The GAFP has implemented several successful initiatives in past years, all because of the dedication and commitment of our volunteer committee members.
All Committee members are appointed by our president, Dr. Jeff Stone. He will evaluate each person’s volunteer application and make every attempt to have you serve on the Committee of your choice.
Committee membership will be held to no more than 15 members. For most committees, this will include one slot for a resident and a medical student. The expectation is that each member selected for a committee will have the ability to 1) attend the three committee conclave meetings, 2) respond to emails, and 3) review committee materials and be ready to offer advice and guidance.
We ask that you only volunteer to serve on a Committee if you can attend either in person or by phone all three meetings in 2020. Although several committees meet more than 3 times a year, here are the dates for the 2020 Committee Conclaves:
- Saturday, February 29 Atlanta, GA (Le Meridian Atlanta Perimeter)
- Thursday, June 4 Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort (Miramar, FL, in conjunction with the GAFP Summer CME Meeting)
- Saturday, August 1 Pine Mountain, GA (Callaway Resort & Gardens)
Following is a list of the opportunities for service. You will find a more detailed list of Committee descriptions and Committee Recruitment Application by clicking here.
- Bylaws Committee
- Education and Research Committee
- Finance Committee
- Legislative Committee
- State Legislative Session Working Group (unlimited # of members and has a shorter time commitment):
- Membership Services Committee
- Practice Management Committee
- Public Health Committee
- Student and Resident Recruitment
We encourage your interest and participation as this is certainly an important and pivotal time for family medicine. We are only as strong as the commitment and involvement of our members.