The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) is embarking on an effort to make MOC easier for board-certified diplomates. The ABFM has pledged to invest up to $13 million into the first clinical registry for Family Medicine. The DataAbstraction and Intelligence Quality Engine for Research and Improvement (DAIQUERI), a data extraction tool developed by FIGmd and ABFM, will help physicians extract and report useful data from their Electronic Health Records (EHR) and for your own use in managing your patient panel.
DAIQUERI, will have the capacity to:
- Extract EHR data
- Produce patient-level quality measures and disease registries for your use
- Enable family physicians to send their measures for MOC so that you don’t have to hand-enter data (in 2016 this will also allow PQRS reporting for Medicare payments)
For this important pilot project, the ABFM is partnering with the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians to invite members to take part in the registry pilot. We would like to recruit 100 physicians, particularly those in small practices.
How long is the Pilot Project?
The pilot will run June through November 2015.
What’s in it for me?
- No Separate Reporting to PQRS — You won’t have to do anything to report your data to PQRS or for Meaningful Use in 2016 and beyond (no payment penalties).
- Complimentary Tools & Dashboards — DAIQUERI will turn your EHR data into information that can help you with patient and panel management.
- This is a FREE Pilot Initiative!! — All you have to do is register for the pilot.
What do I have to do?
ATTEND the GAFP Summer CME Meeting! Although it’s not a requirement to attend, representatives from the ABFM will be on-hand all weekend to complete enrollment, discuss valuable information via a CME lecture, and offer face-to-face interaction in the Social & Information Hub. Simply click the link to register for the Summer CME Meeting, June 18-21 at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. https://www.gafp.org/cme-event/2015-summer-meeting/
If you are or are not able to attend the Summer Meeting, we ask that you please complete the short questionnaire below and return it to Angela Flanigan at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (404) 321-7450 to sign up for this pilot project! Once you have been successfully registered for the pilot project, a FIGmd representative will contact you to navigate you through the partnership agreement, install the registry, and get you on your way to extracting useful data for your practice.
The GAFP and ABFM see the registry as an important investment in family medicine. For more information on the DAIQUERI project, please contact John Johannides at email@example.com.
YES! Please register me for the DAQUERI Pilot Project.
Primary Practice Contact (name, title, phone #, email):______________________________________
# of Physicians in Your Practice: _______________________________________________________
Do you have an EHR? ___Yes ___No EHR System & Version:_________________________